Braces are recommended to align the teeth in a uniform manner. They are useful to correct the following problems:
- Close gaps in between teeth
- Align twisted/overlapping/crowded teeth in a straight manner
- Push back buck/protruding teeth
BENEFITS OF ORTHODONTIC/BRACES TREATMENT
Braces helps in following ways:
1. Improves dental and facial appearance.
2. Restores proper chewing function of teeth.
3. Prevents harmful oral habits.
4. Decreases caries susceptibility and increases the cleansing capability
of the teeth.
5. Eliminates periodontal pathology caused due to malocclusion of
6. Corrects or prevents certain temperomandibular joint abnormalities.
7. Aids in correction of speech defects.
8. Corrects malpositioning of teeth prior to construction of bridge work.
9. Complements surgical correction of skeletal deformities.
10. Orthodontic treatment may be necessary for postaccidental treatment
of teeth loss or occlusal interference.
11. Improves the looks and hence, the confidence of the patient.
TYPES OF ORTHODONTIC APPLIANCES
1. TRADITIONAL METAL BRACES
Traditional Metal Braces. Traditional metal braces are lightweight metal brackets that are connected by a metal wire. Both adults and children can benefit from traditional braces, which gently align the teeth over the course of several months or years.
2. COSMETIC BRACES
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the general appearance of the teeth and gums. Cosmetic treatments include teeth whitening and veneers. Cosmetic braces to straighten teeth are becoming increasingly popular with adults who want to improve their appearance.
3. CLEAR ALIGNERS:REMOVABLE APPLIANCE
Clear aligners, also known as clear-aligner treatment, are orthodontic devices that are a transparent, plastic form of dental braces used to adjust teeth.
4. LINGUAL BRACES
Lingual braces are one of the many types of the fixed orthodontic treatment appliances available to patients needing orthodontics. They involve attaching the orthodontic brackets on the inner sides of the teeth.
5. MYOFUNCTIONAL APPLIANCE
Orthopedic Functional dental appliances are used for treatment of arch width and length discrepancies, AP correction and vertical dimension changes.